Seach my Blogs or Website

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ahhh, its raining... and I'm Melting!

Ok, so we are finally getting some much needed rain and the reaction on behalf of the pups has been quite interesting.. the older litter plus two had water zoomies.. If you have dogs, and bathed them, you know what I am talking about.. the running, the sliding, the rubbing and the butt tucked under zoomie of joy, well the older litter loved the rain (I took them out under my big huge willow tree's so that it was as sheltered from the rain as I could get (still to wet for me to have the camera out sorry.. and just laughed at the ones that played and enjoyed the rain..

However the younger litter.. other then Cal and Dreamboat, who joined in the play in a more careful way, went.. NO.. what is this wet stuff.. get me out and were quite unhappy to be out in the rain.. so I brought them all back inside to the safety of the living room and then went back out to watch the playful older crew have a blast.. I finally brought them in when they started to look like soggy doggies, takes a good while for the water to get though that puppy coat, didn't want them to get a chill..

So the hit of the day when it came to toys was from the dollar store, they had this little bag of colored stuffed balls with a thing for kids to play a tossing game but they also sold the balls in a extra way.. six for one dollar and they are the perfect size and softness for the pups, they can chase them, carry them and toss them around.. so far, no one is chewing on them, just play and even starting to fetch and carry back to me, to play again -Good puppies.. Second major fun toy.. a one dollar big feather duster.. I run it along the ground and they chase and catch and tug and pull on it, my best so far.. five pups at once, got to try and get a photo of it.

and lets not forget their total favorite new toy.. the cardboard box, with holes cut in it from getting grocery's last night. While the stores come up with some amazing wonderful toys and I have a trunk full of them, never let be said that a puppy is fussy on having fun, be it a twig, a leaf, a cardboard box, a old water bottle with rock inside to rattle or a bought doggy toy.. joy can be found in all of them and many more..