Seach my Blogs or Website

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Puppy Owners to be info

Hi Guys

Would you like to read a general overview of the process involved in getting one of our puppies?

http://www.icelandicsheepdogs1.com/IcelandicSheepdogStandardLitterInformation.html

Well for those that are local and thinking of booking a puppy visiting time, we are opening up the weekends of June 19/20th (Booked Solid as of June 4th) and June 26/27th (still available visiting spots), so if you are interested in booking a time on those days, please email me and we will figure out a good time for a visit.

So Baer testing is being done on June 16th, Cerf for the oldest litter is booked for June 30th, and for the younger litter July 6th. Temperment tests are booked, June 11th for the oldest litter and June 18th for the younger litter. Herding Tests will take place on the weekend of 19th on the oldest litter and on the 26th for the youngest litter. Tattoo's are booked for the puppies at the end of June, and Structural evals are booked for the third and the last week of June for the puppies, I am having them looked at by a panel of three for a well rounded overview.

Puppy pick up dates for the oldest litter can start on July long weekend, and flyout dates the first week of July, Puppy Pickup dates for the youngest litter can start on July 10th and Flyout dates can start from the 12th on.

Please email me to let me know your perferred days and I will do my best to work with you on them.


Note-1 For those that are interested in meeting the breed and the puppies but do not have a reserved puppy out of the current litters, yes you can book an appointment to come out and meet the little guys BUT you still need to provide me with some basic information and have a chat with me about if this breed is a good choice for you and your family, there is no point in both of us taking the time to for a get together if when you get here, you tell me you want a dog that does not bark or that you live in a apartment downtown or want a low-energy dog.

Note 2- NO you can NOT visit another breeder who has puppies of a different breed, the same day as coming to see me, I am respectful of the fact that this is a rare breed and that most peaple have not meet the breed and would like to before they decide to get a puppy.

However, I close my house down for the first six weeks from company for the health of the puppies and only start puppy visits at six weeks and older but I still need to be very careful that the vistors do not bring things in, please help me in this, and only book a visit if you have

a)fully mature healthy adult dogs at home

b) Do not go to dog parks, or play with other litters of puppies or go to other dogs breeders homes on the same day as coming to my farm.